- Introduction to Human Geography (GEOG 201)
- Resources and Environment (GEOG 330)
- Environmental Justice (GEOG 430)
- Cross-Disciplinary Perspectives on Water Security (GEOG 489)
- Service Learning in Geosciences (GEOS 489)
- Land-use and Land-Cover Change (GEOG 621)
- Cultural and Political Ecology (GEOG 629)
- Cross-Disciplinary Perspectives on Water Security (GEOG/WMHS 689)
GIST for Introductory Human Geography Core Courses. I lead a team of geographers (Bishop, Brannstrom, Ewers, Goldberg) on the project “Geographic Information Science and Technology for Introductory Human Geography Core Courses.” We have been awarded $75,000 from the TAMU Office of the Provost on this two-year long endeavor.
We will develop GIST learning modules that offer students an online environment to apply key concepts presented in lecture and reading. Modules will be integrated in lectures to reinforce concepts and increase student learning. We plan to cover the following topics in six modules: (1) GIS introductory concepts, (2) land-use and land-cover change, (3) social geography, (4) urbanization, (5) economic development, (6) employment geography. Each module will have domestic and international cases to complement faculty expertise and allow some content flexibility.